Professor Agis A. Iliadis is the Director of the Semiconductor Nanotechnology Research Laboratory and a member of the Maryland NanoCenter. His expertise is in the areas of nanotechnology, sensors, semiconductor devices/circuits, and CMOS IC technology. He is a senior member of the IEEE, a Distinguished Lecturer in the IEEE-EDS Society, an AdCom member of the IEEE-EDS Technical Committee on Electronic Materials, an AdCom member of the IEEE EDS Educational Activities Committee, and the EDS Representative to IEEE-USA Professional Activities Board (PACE). He is a member of MRS, LEOS, InstPhys (UK), SPIE, TMS, DEPS, and ECS and organized and served in several Conference Committees.
Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics,
University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST):
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
Current research focus is in novel sensors and nanotechnology compatible with CMOS IC technology for developing multi-functionality in CMOS ICs, smart sensor arrays, and nanodevices. His contributions are in the development of self-assembled nanostructures and nanocomposite copolymers on Si CMOS wafers, ZnO and SiC wide band-gap semiconductor devices and technology, gas sensors, heterojunction field effect transistors (HEMTs), SOI MOSFETs, light emitting devices in III-V semiconductors, light emission in Si, ohmic contacts, thin film epitaxial growth, improved metal/semiconductor and oxide/semiconductor interfaces, and electromagnetic interference (EMI) in CMOS integrated circuits.
View Dr. Iliadis’ research projects
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation: IEEE EDS Professional Activities Board (PACE), AdCom Meeting, Washington Award, 2007
- Certificate of Appreciation: IEEE EDS Distinguished Lecturer: AdCom Meeting, Washington DC, 2007
- Best Paper Award: “Development of High Sensitivity IL-6 Biosensors”, 3rd International Greek Biotechnology Forum (IGBF), Athens, Greece, Oct. 5-7, 2006
- The R. F. Bunshah Award for Best Paper in the 2004 International Conference on Metallurgical Coatings and Thin Films (ICMCTF’04), 2004
- M. Stamataki, D. Tsamakis, J.P. Xanthakis, H. A. Ali, S. Esmaili-Sardari, and A. A. Iliadis, “Electrical characterization of Cr/p-ZnO Schottky contacts grown by Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) on Si substrates”, Microelectronic Engineering, 104, pp95-99 (2013).
- I. Kostis, L. Michalas, M. Vasilopoulou, N. Konofaos, G. Papaioannou, A. A. Iliadis, S. Kennou, K. Giannakopoulos, G. Papadimitropoulos, and D. Davazoglou, “Hot-wire deposited sub-stoichiometric tungsten oxide films with n-type conductivity”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 45, 445101 (2012).
- S. Esmaili-Sardari, Andrew Berkovich, and Agis A. Iliadis, “Observation of Conductivity Type Conversion in Undoped ZnO Films Grown by Pulsed Laser Deposition on Silicon (100) Substrates”, DOI: 10.1063/1.3682080/Jan 30 2012, Appl. Phys Lett., vol. 100 (5), pp 053505 (2012).
- Young Wook Kim, Saeed Esmaili Sardari, Mariana T. Meyer, Agis A. Iliadis, Hsuan Chen Wu, William E. Bentley, and Reza Ghodssi “An ALD Aluminum Oxide Passivated Surface Acoustic Wave Sensor for Early Biofilm Detection”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 163, pp 136-145 (2012).
- M.Vasilopoulou, L.C. Palilis, D.G. Georgiadou, P. Argitis, S. Kennou, L.Syggelou, N. Konofaos, A.A. Iliadis I.Kostis, G. Papadimitropoulos, D. Davazoglou, “Reduced Transition Metal Oxides as Electron Injection Layer in Hybrid-PLEDs”, Microelectronic Eng., 90, pp. 59-61 (2012).
- M.Vasilopoulou, L.C. Palilis, D.G. Georgiadou, P. Argitis, S. Kennou, L.Syggelou, I.Kostis, N. Konofaos, A.A. Iliadis and D. Davazoglou, “Reduced molybdenum oxide as an efficient electron injection layer in Organic Light Emitting Diodes”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 98, pp. 123301 (2011).
- A. A. Iliadis, and H. A. Ali, “Properties of ZnO-Nanocomposite-Si Heterojunction Gas Nanosensors”, IEEE Trans. Nanotechnology, 10 (3), pp 652-655 (2011).
- S. Esmaili-Sardari, Agis A. Iliadis, M. Stamataki, D. Tsamakis, N. Konofaos, “Crystal Quality and Conductivity Type of Epitaxial (002) ZnO Films on (100) Si Substrates for Device Applications”, Solid State Electronics, 54, pp 1150-1154 (2010).
- A. A. Iliadis, and K. Kim, “A New Theoretical Model for Operational Upsets in CMOS Devices under High Power Electromagnetic Interference” IEEE Trans. Device and Mat Reliability, 10 (3), pp 347-352 (2010).
- K. Kim, and A. A. Iliadis, “Operational Upsets and Critical Bit Errors in CMOS Digital Inverters due to High Power Pulsed Electromagnetic Interference” Solid State Electronics, 54(1), pp 18-21 (2010).
- K. Kim, and A. A. Iliadis, “Latch-up in CMOS Inverters due to Pulsed Electromagnetic Interference” Solid State Electronics, 52, pp 1589-1593 (2008).
- S. Krishnamoorthy, A. A. Iliadis, T. Bei, and G. H. Chrousos “High Sensitivity ZnO SAW Biosensor for Interleukin-6 Detection” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 24 (2), pp. 313-318 (2008).
- S. Krishnamoorthy, and A. A. Iliadis, “Properties of High Sensitivity Surface Acoustic Wave Mass Sensors on ZnO/SiO2/Si”, Solid State Electronics, 52, pp 1710-1716 (2008).
- K. Kim, and A. A. Iliadis, “Impact of Microwave Interference on Dynamic Operation and Power Dissipation of CMOS Inverters”, IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility , 49 (2), pp. (2007).
- K. Kim, and A. A. Iliadis, “Critical Upsets of CMOS Inverters in Static Operation due to High Power Microwave Interference”, IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility. In Press, (2007).
- ?ikos Brilis, Dimitris Tsamakis, Hasina Ali, Soumya Krishnamoorthy and Agis Iliadis, ‘Acceptor band and hopping conduction in p-type undoped ZnO films grown by pulsed laser deposition on (100) Si substrates’, Thin Solid Films, accepted October (2007).
- H. A. Ali, A. A. Iliadis, and L. J. Martinez-Miranda, “Structural and Rectifying Junction Properties of Self-assembled ZnO Nanoparticles in Polystyrene Diblock Copolymers on (100) Si Substrates”, Solid State Electronics , 50 (6), pp. 1105-1112 (2006).
- S. Krishnamoorthy , and A. A. Iliadis, “Development of High frequency Love Mode Surface Acoustic Wave ZnO/SiO2/Si Devices”, Solid State Electronics , 50 (6), pp. 1113-1118 (2006).
Top of page